November 20, 2008

50,000 Words

As you may know from my NaNoWriMo post I have been working hard this month to meet the goal of writing a complete novel of at least 50,000 words by November 30th. I started at midnight on November 1st, and have written at least 1,667 words a day. Most days I have written in excess of 2,000 words, and on a few I have produced more than that.

Today I am reaping the results of that labor. My total word count after today's writing is 51,376. In the parlance of NaNoWriMo, I have "won" by reaching the 50,000 word goal.

The bad news is that the story is not done. This is not really bad, because I don't feel like stopping. My goal now is to finish the novel by the end of the month, and I think I'll meet that. If not, I'll just keep going until I can write "The End" on the last page.

So stay tuned, and I'll update again when I reach the next milestone on my novel: Finishing it.

No comments: