September 01, 2012

Fun Words

A recent Sheldon comic made note of the fact that sassafras is such a fun word, and I totally. Just try to say "sassafrass" with a frown. I Double-dog Dare ya!

That got me thinking of some other words I get a special kick out of saying or hearing:
  • Penitent (preferably in my best Sean Connery voice)
  • Zerubbabel (I almost named the daughter this)
  • Penultimate
  • Hasenpfeffer
  • Schadenfreude
So what are some of your favorite words to say? Leave a comment and let me know.

2 comments:

Gary G said...

Some of my favorite fun words are indubitably, aluminium (emphasis on 'min' so I sound British), and inconceivable (although I'm not sure it means what I think it means).

kh said...

Yes, those are fun. i also like to sometime say "schedule" in the Brit fashion with the soft "ch".