November 01, 2005

The Top 10 Things I Hate About The Office

Like many people I work in an office, and most offices are unique sub-cultures filled with really annoying people. This is my top 10 list of things that I hate about the office.

10. People who don't make more coffee when they empty the pot, they just turn off the burner. Apparently these bozos think that once they are done drinking coffee, we're all done. Well I got news for you, I'm not done drinking coffee!

9. PEOPLE WHO SHOUT IN THEIR EMAILS

8. people who whisper in their e-mails

7. People who like to talk too much. I mean I just go to the lunch room to get some coffee when I get waylaid by some jerk who can't wait to tell me old, stale stories I've already heard about his wife and kids. He just goes on and on until my coffee is cold and I am ready to shout "Fire!" just to get away. Then he pauses, and just when I think I can finally escape he takes a deep breath and comes up with a whole new line of thought about what a pain it is to put the TPS reports together and why putting the cover page on is so important...

6. Dirty dishes left in the lunchroom sink. Hello! Does your mother work here? Do you think that the dish fairy is going to come tonight, wash your stuff, and leave it on your desk?

5. People who put food down the lunchroom sink even though it does not have a disposal. Hello! All that standing water is not some new water conservation measure. It's there because you plugged up the sink, you idiot!

4. Why is the printer always out of paper when I print a document?!?

3. We can put a man on the moon, but we can't heat or cool an office building properly. Why do we freeze in the summer and boil in the winter? Is this how janitors get even?


2. People who lower the height of my chair when I'm away from my desk. Some people might like to tuck their knees under their chin when they work, but I am not one of them.

1. Anyone who comes up to me at the end of the day and says "Can you stay late and get this done? I forgot it was an emergency."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RE: #6
There IS a dish fairy. She came to my house yesterday!
When I left for work there was a huge pile of dirty dishes in the sink. When I returned they were all done! I thanked Terry for doing them & he said he was going to thank me! Brenda must have been here!