July 09, 2006

Dammit!

I have been a big fan of 24 since the first season 5 years ago, and this year in addition to watching the show I also listened to a couple of podcasts about the show. One of these podcasts, called Water Cooler TV, had a contest at the end of the season to find the best imitation of the main character, Jack Bauer, saying "Dammit!"

Rather than just yelling that into the phone, I decided to link the fact that Jack never runs out of battery in this cell phone with a few catch phrases from the show, including "Dammit!" Needless to say I won the contest and got a 24 jacket, 24 season 1-3 soundtrack (signed by the composer), and a publicity photo of Keifer Sutherland (who plays Jack Bauer for the uninitiated.)

Photos of my prizes are below, and you can hear the winning entry
here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's quite a prize package. I've never watched 24 (ducking now), but there is still hope for me. Unfortunately, I am still a little LOST in Mayberry RFD. Congratulations on winning old people rule !!!