July 23, 2008

Shine!

At our hotel on Nashville I was once again presented with soap and other toiletries that were saying something to me (see "Read"). This time instead of trying to tell me what to do with the products, the soaps and shampoos were offering to bring out my best. As you can see from the photo, they promised to make me shine!

Now I use an average amount of toiletry products, but I am not overly concerned about them enhancing my looks. I pretty much take Popeye's attitude as to my appearance: "I yam what I yam!" Even though my body wash proudly proclaims that it is "Maintenance For Your Mansuit", I don't really fuss over what my skin looks like when comparing one cleaning product over another. And, no, I don't walk around referring to my body as my "mansuit". If I ever do, someone please slap me.

Since I was on vacation and feeling adventurous I decided to use the hotel's products exclusively instead of what I had packed for the trip. I used the soap, shampoo, and conditioner during my first shower there, and then stepped back to see the results. While I'm not sure if the products lived up to their promise, my hair did feel silky smooth. I attributed that to the conditioner. The picture to the right was taken shortly after said shower.

So what do you think? Do I shine?







Important Legaleze:
The forehead of this blogger is hereby exempted from all comments regarding shine, shininess, brightness, blinding, and all similar language. Failure to comply with this notice will make the violator subject to penalties that may include listening to the author reading his complete thirteen-volume collection of haiku devoted to belly-button lint.

You have been warned!

1 comment:

Gary G said...

Dude,

Disclaimers like that are the best way to beg for comments, especially with people like me reading your blog. I could get around it by just rambling along hinting at the possibility of using comments like "Hey, Captain Stubbing, put your hat on, you're blinding me with your head!" (10 points if your remember that reference, eh) without really directing it at you. Anyway, since I am not a big fan of Haiku I will refrain from using any of the aforementioned words; cueball.