April 22, 2008

A Mexican Nacho

When I found this sign in front of the local ice cream shop I was troubled on several levels. First, I was really looking forward to some Chinese nachos, or maybe some hearty German nachos. Sadly, all this place offers is Mexican nachos. It is a good thing they put it on the sign, though, or I could have been bitterly disappointed.

Second, I was surprised to see that they are selling the nachos individually. Normally one pays for a plate of nachos, not just one chip at a time. I can't imagine that this trend will benefit the consumer. The per-nacho cost, when extended out to a plateful of chips, is sure to be more than the plate-o-nachos cost. I wonder if the government will include that in future inflation calculations.

All things considered I'm glad I stuck with my usual, a vanilla ice cream cone.

3 comments:

Gary G said...

Vanilla ?? Where is your sense of adventure. You should give Vanilla Bean a try, or even French Vanilla. But plain Vanilla ?? I just dont' know you anymore.

kh said...

What kind of namby-pamby orders vanilla bean or french vanilla ice cream?? Have you been out of the country so long you've forgotten waht built the US of A? It was mom, apple pie, baseball, and soft serve VANILLA ice cream!

You can have my vanilla ice cream cone when you peel it from my cold dead fingers.

Gary G said...

1. Your fingers are probably already cold since you are holding an ice cream cone.

B. Since it is soft serve that is a different story, and not just because it almost only comes in vanilla.

4. If you die eating a vanilla ice cream cone, peeling it from your fingers will be the last thing I want to do.